Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love Reading Week coming up....

It is Valentine's Day this Tuesday so in an effort to spotlight reading at our school I have declared that it will be Love Reading Week.

I spent yesterday preparing Daily quizzes for Lower Primary, Upper Primary and Secondary school. I think I ended up writing 70 multi-choice questions in total. The questions included characters, titles, authors, settings, first lines and library information. I hope the students really enjoy answering them in their homerooms.

We will also enjoy the International Language Story Reading sessions again. We will be including Middle School this time so more students hopefully will mean more fun.  

We will launch our own FollettShelf ebook collection - purchased with the Scholastic Book Fair proceeds the PTA gave the library last week. We will also begin a four week trial of Proquest's ebrary system to see if that is something we want to subscribe to next year.

This is the start of what I hope will be annual celebration of reading in our school. Small beginnings.......